Here's an easy way to enjoy Chinese cabbage with egg as a side dish. It's hot and great in winter.
- about 5 large Chinese cabbage leaves
- 1 leek(long green onion)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 5 grams hondashi
- 5 Tblsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tblsp. mirin(cooking sake)
- 2 tsp. salt
- Wash and cut the Chinese cabbage leaves in half lengthwise and again into short lengths. Cut the green onion into short lengths.
- Add the water and seasonings to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and simmer until cooked.
- Beat three eggs with a pinch of salt and add the mixture to the pot and mix gently.
- Cook another minute or two.