Here was an experiment that didn't look great, but tasted great. It's a kind of Japanese potato omelette called (galeto) inspired from a french dish gallette . It's basically a hash-browns pancake with cheese and ham. The potatoes are supposed to be julienned like hash-browns, bu I was in a hurry, so I just used the potato peeler. I also didn't have pizza cheese, so I cut up some sliced cheese. It eventually formed a pancake. It didn't look like the recipe I saw, but it tasted great as reported by my friends.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 Tblsp. parmesean cheese
- 1 Tblsp. pizza cheese(I used 2 cut up pieces of sliced cheese)
- 1 Tblsp. flour
- 2 slices sandwich ham or 1 slice of lean bacon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tblsp. of butter
- Cut the ham or bacon into small pieces.
- Use a peeler and slice the potatoes into thin slices.
- Mix potatoes, meat, cheese, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan and add the butter.
- Add the potato mixture and fry, turning and pressing down with a spatula into a pancake.