- 5-6 large leaves Chinese cabbage
- 300 grams thinly sliced pork
- 1 half large onion
- 1 cup of water
- 5 grams or so of granulated fish stock-hondashi
- 1 Tblsp. salt
- 6 Tblsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tblsp. mirin(cooking sake)
1. Wash and cut the Chinese cabbage leaves in half lengthwise.
3. Cut the stack into 5 cm/ about 2 inch lengths.
4. Fill the nabe pot with the cut leaves standing up. Repeat with all the leaves and pork. Make a spiral pattern in the pot until no more fits.
5. Cut half an onion into small pieces and stick into any empty spaces.
6. Add the water, fish stock, and salt, cover and bring to a boil.
7. Once boils, reduce heat and add soy sauce generously. Replace lid and simmer until cooked.
The pork and Chinese cabbage cooked in the broth makes a great combination. So tasty and hot!